This was going to be a suite of apps, with a fancy title, bundled together. But a lot of this stuff is really useless as stand-alone apps – they have to be integrated within a post to have any pedagogical value. And so they’re here, available via menus, but I don’t – at the moment – feel they deserve to be packaged and marketed in any way.
If anyone wants to use these as WordPress shortcodes, you’re welcome – please either email me or comment below this post.
The apps include:
- Cloze your books (Converts any uploaded text into a total cloze, which you can then attempt to reconstruct online, one word at a time).
- Sentence Repair Man (Shuffles words in sentences, which you can then attempt to reconstruct online, or print for classroom use).
- Mind the Gap (puts gaps at every Nth word in a text, with the option to print for classroom use).
- Linkin’ Text (Highilights 4 types of (spoken) link between words in a text).
- AWLizer (Highlights words from the Academic Word List in a text).