Why do we work? Do we work for money, for success, to define ourselves in the world, or for some other reason?
First of all discuss the following statements with a friend and see if you agree.
- If you don’t work then you are not truly human.
- Work keeps us away from more important activities.
- Work is a means to fulfill personal ambitions.
- Work conflicts with our human inclination to relax and have a good time.
Now read what the philospophers have to say and tell us in the comments which one(s) you agree (or disagree) with!
- Skim read the text
- Answer the questions by clicking (or touching) checkboxes.
- Click or touch Check Answers.
- Other information
- At any time you can click or touch the icon to open the reading passage.
- Click or touch when checking your answers to see the location of the answer highlighted in the reading passage.
- Click or touch Repeat to reload the activity.
- This activity includes 4 questions.