It looks as though people are soon going to be living longer lives thanks to advances in medicine and healthier lifestyles. Discuss the questions with a friend and decide whether you agree or disagree. Then match the ideas with their owners.
Remember to read the instructions carefully before you begin! ×
- Skim read the text
- Answer the questions by clicking (or touching) checkboxes.
- Click or touch Check Answers.
- Other information
- At any time you can click or touch the icon to open the reading passage.
- Click or touch when checking your answers to see the location of the answer highlighted in the reading passage.
- Click or touch Repeat to reload the activity.
- This activity includes 8 questions.
The experience of death will be worse for those living 'extended' lives than for those who die at a more 'natural' age.
If lives are extended then population will increase and so to will the problems associated with having too many people.
Even though it is generally wrong to intefere with other people's choices, including the choice to live longer, this may be necessary in certain cases.