Yet, acceptance, the last stage, can spend a lot of time because volunteers must interview participants one by one.
OK so how about this for a basic rule:
- People spend time doing activities.
- (menghabiskan waktu) Indonesians notice there is no possessive. We do NOT say “People spend their time…”.
- Activities take time.
- (membutuhkan waktu)
- My morning commute to work takes 20 minutes.
- Children these days spend too much time looking at screens.
In our opening example we need:
- Yet, acceptance, the last stage, can take a lot of time because volunteers must interview participants one by one.
Cleaning the kitchen usually 10 minutes but today I 30 minutes because last night we had guests. Afterwards I some time reading before heading to work. The journey longer than usual because of heavy traffic. I tried an alternative route but got lost and had to a few minutes looking at the map.
Answers here, but only if you're really stuck!