The behaviours of ‘western’ and Indonesian businessmen eloquently discussed by George B. Whitfield, III.
- What advice would you give to foreign businessmen in Indonesia?!
- Is there a right and a wrong way for them to behave?
- Have you ever witnessed any ‘wrong’ behaviour? Comments below!
Fill in the gaps with words and phrases from the box. Then click ‘Check your answers!’ for feedback. (There are more words and phrases in the list than there are gaps!)
If you agree or disagree with any of the claims made by the writer, add a comment and let’s discuss! Continue reading
In conclusion, long working hours are necessary for human beings.
I’m guessing this may be a cultural issue.
Let’s try a quick test. Which of the following sentences is NOT about working hours and humans?
- Long working hours are necessary for human beings.
- Long working hours are necessary.
- Long working hours are necessary for ants.
Hopefully you chose number 3. In any discussion of working hours, and indeed of many other topics, we’re usually talking about human beings, unless otherwise specified.
The only time we really need to mention humans is when we’re contrasting them with non-humans!