In recent times, the obligation of developed nations to give aid for developing nations has been widely discussed.
This grammar item is handled differently by different languages. Let’s take a look at some examples:
- Several highly independent intelligence operations were given to him.
- Eventually they gave the house to their eldest son.
- Don’t give it to them! They’ll waste it.
- In these examples, give..to is followed by a person or group. ( kepada)
So, ‘to’ + person or people. What about ‘for’?
- Cool, huh?! My parents gave it to me for my birthday.
- I normally give a tip for good service, but this time I was disappointed.
- Here give..for is followed by a purpose. ( untuk)
Now try this practice activity. Continue reading