Certain steps should be followed in making a business plan, started from establishing mission objectives, undertaking a position analysis, identifying and assessing strategic options, selecting strategic options, and formulating plans.
In this sentence the first comma splits the sentence into two halves: Continue reading
As the tap handle rotated the spindle moves up inside the tap body.
Bahasa Indonesia has a special construction for passives – ‘di‘ + verb: diputar. Maybe that’s why Indonesians writing in English find it easy to produce the passive form of the verb, adding ‘ed‘ to regular verbs as a substitute for their own ‘di‘. However they often forget to include ‘to be’ in the English passive structure:
- As the tap handle is rotated the spindle moves up inside the tap body.
If you want a good score for GRA in IELTS writing, don’t forget ‘to be’ in passives. Here’s a little rhyme to aid memory:
- to be + V3, the English form of ‘Di’, to be + V3, the English form of ‘Di’!
Overall, the tap comprise of many parts.
This is an easy one to get wrong. Your options here are:
- Overall, the tap comprises many parts.
- Overall, the tap is comprised of many parts.
- Overall, the tap consists of many parts.
..but NOT comprise of!