Adding things in process description
Posted by Pak Guru on April 18th, 2019 | 0 comments | IELTS, process description, processes, Task 1, writing
The contents are added with powder and then all the materials are mixed together.
Indonesians – please let me know what you’re trying to translate here!
In English the simpler item is added to the more complex item:
- More marginal notes were added to later editions.
- NOT: Later editions were added with more marginal notes.
- Olive oil is added to almost every dish.
- NOT: Almost every dish is added with olive oil.
- Any finite number added to infinity is infinity.
- NOT: Infinity added with any finite number is infinity.
- New functionality was later added to the application.
- NOT: The application was later added with new functionality.
- A timeline has been added to this website.
- NOT: This website has been added with a timeline.
In our opening example, the powder is less complex than ‘the contents’, and so the following is more appropriate:
- Powder is added to the contents and then all the materials are mixed together.