Many people these days – youngsters in particular – believe in their ability to perform more than one task at the same time, or to ‘multitask’. In this post we listen to what the research has to say about ‘media multitasking’. Before you listen, discuss the foillowing questions with a friend:
- Are you good at multitasking?
- Do you multitask when using electronic devices? Which ones?
- Can multitasking make you smarter?
In this post we hear from a social scientist explaining what causes people to copy other people. Before you listen, discuss the following questions with a friend.
- Why do people choose one brand of washing powder rather than another?
- In a group, why do people tend to behave like their friends?
- When was the last time you copied someone else? Why did you copy them?
You will hear a researcher talking about the importance of ‘creative thinking’, both in the workplace and in our personal lives. Continue reading
A social scientist believes that although being alone can make people feel lonely, it can also have some positive effects! Continue reading
You will hear a researcher talking about how studying the beds made by chimpanzees can help us to understand how modern humans evolved. Continue reading
You will hear a university professor talking about Artificial Intelligence and making predictions about how AI might make us smarter in the future. Continue reading
IELTS Listening Section 4 is arguably the most difficult part of the listening test. A single speaker delivers a talk or a lecture, and all ten questions have to be answered without a break. Continue reading